How to enable WPA2 for the Microsoft Wireless PC Card – MN-720 on Windows XP SP2
This is totally unsupported, at your own risk. It will void your warranty. Microsoft won’t support you, I can’t support you. Your computer will report that you have a Dell True Mobile card after you perform this update. It’s fun to lie to your computer! It shows you are the boss.
You’ll need the MS update installed to enable WPA2 before you attempt this.
1. Go to
2. Use Winzip or Winrar to expand to a directory on your hard drive, do NOT run the EXE.
3. Open device manager (right click my computer, manage, device manager)
4. Go to Network Adapters, Select the MN-720
5. Right click it and select Update Driver
6. Don’t connect to the Internet, Manually select the driver to install, do not search.
7. Browse to the directory where you extracted the files and select bcmwl5.inf
8. Have Disk, select the True Mobile 1350 PC Card
9. Your laptop will now think you have a Dell True Mobile Card —
10. You’ll be WPA2 empowered
I’m sure that similar steps will work with the MN-730 PCI card by selecting a 1350 PCI Card but I have NOT tried this myself.
If you are not happy with the results, use Driver Rollback in Device Manager.