WPA hack for the MN-740 game adapter
I’ve been struggling with whether or not to post the link to the information that enables you to add WPA to a Microsoft MN-740 game adapter by turning it into an unsupportable quasi D-Link DGL-3420.
As a Microsoft MVP I pursued every channel available to me for an extended period to attempt to convince MS to do the work (or contract it out) to upgrade this device to WPA-PSK. It would not have taken a huge amount of work or effort.
As a near militant proponent of WPA to replace laughable WEP encryption, I’ve decided to post the link to the information.
Here are the disclaimers:
1. I don’t condone this hack
2. You will void your warranty
3. Microsoft won’t support you
4. I won’t support you
5. You could brick your device and have to throw it out (if you do, buy the real D-Link DGL-3420, it’s awesome)
6. Reverse engineering is illegal according to many EULA’s
7. It may not work
8. Anything else I can’t think of at the moment
9. I’m not taking responsibility
If you read this far, here’s the link http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13360873